Tahiti's outer island beguiled painter Paul Gaugin in the late 19th century and still captivate visitors seeking remote, Pacific tranquility today.
A one hour flight from Papeete, Rangiroa is a string of 240 islets encircling a glorious lagoon considered by many to be the world's most beautiful. A few kilometres from Rangiro sits Tikehau, with pink-sand beaches and a circular lagoon among the richest in sea life on the planet.
Huahine, is a haven of relaxed rhythms and local secrets, like the amazing blue-eyed sacred ells or the age-old fish cages built by the islands elders.
A short flight from Papeete, Raiatea is a sacred island of fertile valleys and the only place in the world where the Tiare Apetahi flower grows. A few minutes from Raiatea's airport across a vast lagoon that glitters with tiny islets, seductive Taha'a - the vanilla island - is a fragrant garden which produces more than 80 percent of Tahitian vanilla, the world's finest.
- Cocktails on the Beach: As the sun goes down over your own private tropical paradise, enjoy a fruity cocktail from one of the resort's beach bars.
- Witness Tahitian Nupitials: A traditional Tahitian wedding is a meaningful ceremony for couples wishing to wed or renew their vows.
- Visit a Pearl Farm: Many family-owned farms offer tours that describe the cultivation of famous black pearls.
- Tahitian Wedding Ceremonies: A traditional Tahitian wedding is a meaningful ceremony for couples wishing to wed or renew their vows.
- Motu Picnics: Escape and enjoy a picnic and the day to yourselves on your own motu - a tiny islet in a lagoon