City Chic Meets Beachside Bliss
Many destinations claim to have it all, but Perth simply lives it all - beautiful beaches, sunny skies, balmy nights, scrumptious food and a smorgasbord of entertainment. Pristine oceans and beaches frame the city's boundaries to the west, rolling hills adorn countryside to the east and a stunning river meanders through the city's heart. Such diversity in settings produces a host of experiences: learn to surf at Scarborough Beach, enjoy a picnic in one of the city's parks by the river or venture inland for all the charms of the Swan Valley and Perth Hills.
Perth's climate lends itself to outdoor living. Water-based fun is the lifeblood of Perth, with surfing, fishing, sailing and diving all hugely popular pastimes, and alfresco dining is not just a treat here, but a daily ritual. With the freshest seafood and local produce on tap and award-winning wines a staple of the surrounding regions, you'd be hard-pressed to find better dining anywhere in the country. The city itself boasts enough to keep you occupied, with an excellent selection of shops, bars, restaurants, galleries, theatres and museums.
But be sure to leave the city and take the short ferry ride across to Rottnest Island - the premier island getaway and home to some unique flora and fauna. Explore the idyllic bays, swim in pristine waters or hire a bike for a relaxing cycle around the island.
- Soak up the sun in Scarborough, and enjoy the white sandy beach, surf and laid-back lifestyle.
- Explore lovely Rottnest Island, just a short ferry ride from Fremantle.
- Go Wine Tasting in Swan Valley.
- Head to Fabulous ‘Freo’: The port city of Fremantle is always buzzing with markets, buskers and trendy bars and cafes.
- Take a Scenic Helicopter Flight along the Stunning Coastline.
For maps, days tours and accommodation options, visit the Perth chapter in our online Western Australia brochure. Click here.