Hanoi's trademark is its dozens of parks and lakes. Considered one of the most beguiling cities in South-East Asia, Hanoi's beauty also comes in the form of broad tree-lined boulevards, belle epoque villas and beautiful temples reflecting a blend of Indochinese and French-colonial influences.
This lovely city welcomes tourists with open arms, offering an extensive range of accommodation options, attractions, major events, sightseeing, cultural experiences and entertainment options. This, combined with old-fashioned charm and mouth-watering cuisine, ensures Hanoi is a place to win your heart.
A great place to start exploring the city is Hoan Kiem Lake in the centre of the city - a pretty lake steeped in Arturian-style legend. Then wander the maze of narrow streets in the Old Quarter, offering everything from silk clothing and ceramics to motorbike seats. Ride a cyclo through the area to gain a great insight into the Hanoian way of life.
- Visit Hoan Kiem Lake: This pretty and mystical lake is known as 'Lake of the Restored Sword'. Don't miss the water puppet theatre.
- Visit Phung Hung Markets: Learn about Vietnamese cuisine, as well as the local ingredients and spices.
- See a Water Puppet Show: Traditional legends and historical tales are told using puppets over water
- Take a Trip to Halong Bay: Cruise around the turquoise waters and limestone cliffs in a traditional junk.
- Stroll Around Hoan Kiem Lake: Also known as Sword Lake, it lies at the heart of Hanoi